Post American
20051013
 

Military to take lead in disaster response
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002557736_ndig13.html
The Pentagon is planning to take a larger role responding to "catastrophic" events within the United States such as natural disasters and "terrorist attacks" and is developing plans to use active-duty troops to respond to an avian-flu pandemic, the Defense Department's top homeland security official said yesterday.

CIA acquires new US clandestine leadership role
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/13/AR2005101300828.html
...since the September 11 attacks prompted the Bush administration's war on terrorism.

From Iraq, soldier seeks war's end
http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_3109293
In an age where soldiers are increasingly using the Internet to relay instant information about their experiences to spouses, family members and the public, some are going too far, says Lt. Col. Steven Bloyan, an Army communications director in Baghdad who tries to track soldiers' commentary on blogs (Web logs) and newspaper editorials.

White House eager to showcase political progress amid unabated violence in Iraq
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/13/AR2005101301377.html
"It is a historic milestone that the Iraqi people will be voting on a constitution this Saturday. It's a hopeful sign for the entire broader Middle East," White House Faggot Scott McClellan said on Thursday.

Scott McClellan Says Helen Thomas Opposes 'War of Terrorism'
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001305789
THOMAS What does the President mean by "total victory" -- that we will never leave Iraq until we have "total victory"? What does that mean?McCLELLAN: Free and democratic Iraq in the heart of the Middle East, because a free and democratic Iraq in the heart of the Middle East will be a major blow to the ambitions --THOMAS If they ask us to leave, then we'll leave?MR. McCLELLAN: I'm trying to respond. A free and democratic Iraq in the heart of the broader Middle East will be a major blow to the ambitions of al Qaeda and their terrorist associates. They want to establish or impose their rule over the broader Middle East -- we saw that in the Zawahiri letter that was released earlier this week by the intelligence community.THOMAS They also know we invaded Iraq.McCLELLAN: Well, Helen, the President recognizes that we are engaged in a global war on terrorism. And when you're engaged in a war, it's not always pleasant, and it's certainly a last resort. But when you engage in a war, you take the fight to the enemy, you go on the offense. And that's exactly what we are doing. We are fighting them there so that we don't have to fight them here. September 11th taught us --THOMAS It has nothing to do with -- Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.McCLELLAN: Well, you have a very different view of the war on terrorism, and I'm sure you're opposed to the broader war on terrorism. The President recognizes this requires a comprehensive strategy, and that this is a broad war, that it is not a law enforcement matter.Terry.TERRY MORAN On what basis do you say Helen is opposed to the broader war on terrorism?McCLELLAN: Well, she certainly expressed her concerns about Afghanistan and Iraq and going into those two countries. I think I can go back and pull up her comments over the course of the past couple of years.MORAN And speak for her, which is odd.McCLELLAN: No, I said she may be, because certainly if you look at her comments over the course of the past couple of years, she's expressed her concerns --THOMAS I'm opposed to preemptive war, unprovoked preemptive war.MR. McCLELLAN: -- she's expressed her concerns.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq" says Zawahri letter is fake: Web
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-10-13T160906Z_01_WRI354641_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-QAEDA-LETTER.xml&archived=False
"We in Al Qaeda Organization announce that there is no truth to these claims, which are only based on the imagination of the politicians of the Black (White) House and their slaves!"

Who lied us into war?
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j070903.html
The easy answer: George WMD Bush. But that's too easy.

George WMD Bush was so upset by Carole Coleman’s White House interview that an official complaint was lodged with the Irish embassy.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2766-1817008_1,00.html
“Well, I can understand that. People don’t like war. But what they should be angry about is the fact that there was a brutal dictator there that had destroyed lives and put them in mass graves and torture rooms . . . Look, Saddam Hussein had used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, against the neighbourhood. He was a brutal dictator who posed a threat that the United Nations voted unanimously to say, Mr Saddam Hussein . . .” “But, Mr President, you didn’t find any weapons,” I interjected. “Let me finish, let me finish. May I finish?”
With his hand raised, he requested that I stop speaking. He paused and looked me straight in the eye to make sure I had got the message. He wanted to continue, so I backed off and he went on. “The United Nations said, ‘Disarm or face serious consequences’. That’s what the United Nations said. And guess what? He didn’t disarm. He didn’t disclose his arms. And therefore he faced serious consequences. But we have found a capacity for him to make a weapon. See, he had the capacity to make weapons . . .” I was now beginning to feel shut out of this event. He had the floor and he wasn’t letting me dance. My blood was boiling to such a point that I felt like slapping him. But I was dealing with the president of the United States; and he was too far away anyway. I suppose I had been naive to think that he was making himself available to me so I could spar with him or plumb the depths of his thought processes. Sitting there, I knew that I was nobody special and that this was just another opportunity for the president to repeat his mantra. He seemed irked to be faced with someone who wasn’t nodding gravely at him as he was speaking. “But Mr President,” I interrupted again, “the world is a more dangerous place today. I don’t know whether you can see that or not.” “Why do you say that?”
“There are terrorist bombings every single day. It’s now a daily event. It wasn’t like that two years ago.” “What was it like on September 11 2001? It was a . . . there was relative calm, we . . .”
“But it’s your response to Iraq that’s considered . . .” “Let me finish. Let me finish. Please. You ask the questions and I’ll answer them, if you don’t mind.” His hand was raised again as if to indicate that he was not going to tolerate this. Again, I felt I had no choice but to keep quiet. “On September 11 2001, we were attacked in an unprovoked fashion. Everybody thought the world was calm. There have been bombings since then — not because of my response to Iraq. There were bombings in Madrid, there were bombings in Istanbul. There were bombings in Bali. There were killings in Pakistan.” He seemed to be finished, so I took a deep breath and tried once again. So far, facial expressions were defining this interview as much as anything that was said, so I focused on looking as if I was genuinely trying to fathom him. “Indeed, Mr President, and I think Irish people understand that. But I think there is a feeling that the world has become a more dangerous place because you have taken the focus off Al-Qaeda and diverted into Iraq. Do you not see that the world is a more dangerous place? I saw four of your soldiers lying dead on the television the other day, a picture of four soldiers just lying there without their flak jackets.” “Listen, nobody cares more about death than I do . . .”“Is there a point or place . . .” “Let me finish. Please. Let me finish, and then you can follow up, if you don’t mind.” By now he was getting used to the rhythm of this interview and didn’t seem quite so taken aback by my attempt to take control of it. “Nobody cares more about death than I do. I care a lot about it. But I do believe the world is a safer place and becoming a safer place. I know that a free Iraq is going to be a necessary part of changing the world.” The president seemed to be talking more openly now and from the heart rather than from a script. The history lesson on Saddam was over. “Listen, people join terrorist organisations because there’s no hope and there’s no chance to raise their families in a peaceful world where there is not freedom. And so the idea is to promote freedom and at the same time protect our security. And I do believe the world is becoming a better place, absolutely.” I could not tell how much time had elapsed, maybe five or six minutes, so I moved quickly on to the question I most wanted to ask George Bush in person. “Mr President, you are a man who has a great faith in God. I’ve heard you say many times that you strive to serve somebody greater than yourself.” “Right.” “Do you believe that the hand of God is guiding you in this war on terror?” This question had been on my mind ever since September 11, when Bush began to invoke God in his speeches. He spoke as if he believed that his job of stewarding America through the attacks and beyond was somehow preordained, that he had been chosen for this role. He closed his eyes as he began to answer. “Listen, I think that God . . . that my relationship with God is a very personal relationship. And I turn to the Good Lord for strength. I turn to the Good Lord for guidance. I turn to the Good Lord for forgiveness. But the God I know is not one that . . . the God I know is one that promotes peace and freedom. But I get great sustenance from my personal relationship.”
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
neither Right or Left

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, The Homeland

So when do we get invaded to remove the rogue government that spies on its own people, gases its own people during anti War protests, stages "terrorist" attacks, holds crooked elections, attacks other nations without cause, and uses torture on innocent people looking for WMD that don't exist?

Archives
200501 / 200502 / 200503 / 200504 / 200505 / 200506 / 200507 / 200508 / 200509 / 200510 / 200511 / 200512 / 200601 / 200602 / 200603 / 200604 / 200605 / 200606 / 200607 / 200608 / 200609 / 200610 / 200702 / 200703 / 200704 / 201004 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]